12.03.2010

The Way to Be




I think I will always remember President Hinckley as the prophet of my childhood.

And because of that child-like love I had for him, he will always be dear to me.


I read something by him recently that inspired me.  He was speaking of Marjorie's passing when he said, 
"My children and I were at her bedside as she slipped peacefully into eternity.  As I held her hand and saw mortal life drain from her fingers, I confess I was overcome.  Before I married her, she had been the girl of my dreams….  She was my dear companion for more than two thirds of a century, my equal before the Lord, really my superior.  And now in my old age, she has again become the girl of my dreams."  


Even after his death, President Hinckley's perspective and goodness continue to teach me.  There is such a purity in his love for Marjorie that I couldn't help but feel that that is what life is about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agggghhhhhh! i love when the prophet and his apostles talk about their love for their wives. they make it sound so simple and easy:)i miss president hinckley...
ashley