4.18.2012

Some Scattered Thoughts

You know how you can feel when change is coming?  That's how I feel right now.  It will be interesting to see what the next week brings.

As for the email, I just want to tell you all again that I'm alive and make it a quick one, but I know that won't go over very well.  So I'll write a real email.

This week, we've realized that Tracey needs some time without us to realize the treasure that she can really have.  We went over to teach her about the covenant she's making when she's baptized, and about the Sabbath Day.  We were very loving, but very clear that she can't get baptized unless she comes to church.  Well, she didn't take that very well, and now she's not very happy with us (i.e. not talking to us or opening her door), but it's what needed to happen.  She needs some time to ponder about whether or not she's ready for this.  So, it's really really sad, but she'll come when she's ready.  I have faith in that.

Gilberto is amazing.  He gave us a good scare because he lost his phone, was never home, and seemed to have disappeared, but we talked to him last night, and he is still invested, 150 percent.  Ah! It was such a joyful moment when he called us and told us, "You sounded so scared, like I was interested, in your message, but no!  I still want to do this!  I want to come to church and read and learn.  When can you come over?"  He's so great.  I hope you can all meet him one day.

Hmmm.  Funny how my mind goes blank when I write these things.
There's a lot of interesting things that happen, I just forget!  Right now I'm thinking of who I need to call when I'm finished emailing, and what I need to plan for "Night of Music and Inspiration" and how we're going to get members for appointments, and wow, I have such a missionary brain right now.

Feel free to ask me questions if you want me to involve certain things in here.  I forget that missionary life is so removed from everyone else, and what I do could probably be interesting to you all, but I'm so used to doing it, I just don't know what to write!

Well, I have to go now, but stay true to what's eternal.

I love you all!

-Sister Welch

No comments: