2.16.2013

Dobokki and Cauliflower Curry.

Every once in a while I have to get a little taste of DC.  

Thank goodness I have international roommates! Today we finally had some time together (even though we had to schedule it a week in advance) and they taught me how to cook food from their cultures.  I'm not sure if I'd be able to recreate it, but it sure was yummy.

(Me and Sutton, the girl we visit teach.  She's actually from the DC area!)


Yubin, who is from Korea, cooked Dobokki (don't know if I'm spelling that right).  Basically, it's a concoction with fish cakes cut into little piece, rice cakes that are super doughy, and lots and lots of red pepper seasoning (hence the milk in the picture.  My mouth was on fire.).

(Manju and Yubin)


Manju, who is from Nepal, made cauliflower curry.  It had all sorts of vegetables, but mainly cauliflower, mixed in with the yellow curry.  We ate that with rice and boy was it tasty.

All those international spices just felt like home.

No comments: