10.05.2011

Just a quick note.


Wasn't Conference incredible?!  Do they always talk this much about the Book of Mormon and personal revelation and say exactly what investigators need to hear? It was such a perfect conference for all of the people we were teaching.  Every single talk had me on the edge of my seat, scrambling to write everything they were saying.  It had felt like such a long time since I had seen a conference, and it's hard to believe I was at the last one! Aside from my investigators, it was so good for me to hear.  There is such a comfort in hearing words from men who really speak to God.  Testifying of them every day made that fact even more real to me as I watched.  What a great weekend!

As for the rest of the week, it was beautiful.  (And a little cold! It was only in the 50's but with the humidity, I was freezing.  I may have to look like a marshmallow this winter, but I will be a warm marshmallow.)  Anyway, I've been giving more tours at the VC now that I'm finished with my New Sister Training.  This past week I gave a tour on temples to two recent converts.  What an experience.  I love this Visitors' Center because at night, the temple is lit up, and there is a reflection of the Christus in the windows.  It literally looks like Christ is in front of his temple, inviting us to come in.  It's touching to see, and even more touching to be His representative, acting as the mouthpiece to invite people to come to the temple.  This was one of those teaching moments that I live for.

Well, that's all I have time for.  Favorite scripture this week: 4 Nephi 1:15-16.  (Paraphrased) Because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people...there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God.

Love, Sister Welch

No comments: