3.21.2012

Sakura



Cherry Blossoms!!!  I've heard about this ever since I knew I was coming to DC but what I saw today exceeded my expectations.  It was just a little piece of heaven on earth! One of the funniest parts of the day was when I turned around only to see a little Asian man with his camera lens aimed right at me.  I made a face (probably a surprised one), he took a picture, then we just started laughing.  He pointed at me in my pink skirt and white shirt and said "cherry blossom!" then went on his merry way.  Too cute.  It still makes me smile thinking about it.

The rest of the week has been wonderful.  We have no worries about Sabir and Susan.  We went to review the Restoration with Susan, to see how she was doing at the end of her first week as a member of the Church, and we didn't even have to ask how her reading was going.  She just started into a story about how she liked a verse we read from D&C 6, so she decided to read the whole chapter.  And it was a complete answer to prayer for her.  That whole section was written to solve all of her concerns.  It brought me so much peace to know that Susan is still seeking revelation and receiving answers to her questions without us.  It's nice to feel needed, yes, but it is so much more rewarding to see Susan building this relationship with her Savior on her own.

And Sabir.  We were going to talk about the priesthood and before we even mention the word he says, "So this past week I was reading in Abraham and Moses about the priesthood...." and goes on to tell us everything he learned.  We were so excited for him, but could not remember giving him a Pearl of Great Price so we asked, "Did we...give you...a Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine and Covenants?"
He said, "No.  But I just asked Jake and he got one for me."  Sheesh.
He's amazing.  And way to go members.  That was super exciting for us as well to know that he's being taken care of.  And he's also receiving answers to his prayers and has started giving us the names of all of his friends as referrals.  YES! He's going to be an incredible missionary one day.

Well, that's about all I have time for.

I love you all.  Stay true to what's eternal.

Love, Sister Welch









P.S. Mom-I got the St. Patrick's day package right on St. Patrick's day.  And it was a good thing too, because Tracey's Irish and she was proud of us for wearing the little pins and our green shirts.

No comments: