10.25.2012

There is a Savior

I think once I had that song as a blog post, but it's something I've been thinking a lot about lately.  Our Savior knows us, that's for sure.  And this song says it perfectly.  Here are the words.

There is a Savior; this truth I humbly know.
He gave His life so that I may be allowed
Back to His arms on the day he calls me home,
And I know that I will never leave Him now.

I've been in danger; I've walked the sinner's way.
I've felt the weight when my weary head would bow.
Then Jesus came and erased my every doubt.
And I know that I will never leave him now.

He paid the highest price for me
And still he tells me I am free
But where would I ever wish to go
How could I leave the everlasting love he's shown?

So as I live in this wide and wondrous world
There is no force that will ever pull me down.
My love for Jesus will always be my guide.
And I know that I will never leave Him now.
And I know that I will never leave Him now.


He's so patient with me and all of my little demands and hopes and prayers.  I always feel like I'm doing something wrong or not fulfilling my purpose when our area doesn't see success, and that's how it was last week: a little difficult to the point of humbling me and helping me to turn upward for help.  The help came in an instant.  And it always does.  My testimony has again been strengthened of God's love for us, and His willingness to help us as we turn to Him.  He's waiting, and it's up to us whether or not we will lift our hands (3 Nephi 9:13-14).  So keep reaching.

Stay true to what's eternal.  I love each and every one of you.

-Sister Welch

No comments: