5.12.2009

Bumper Stickers

Today I was out with Mom and Spencer running some errands. As we were pulling out of a parking lot, Mom said, "Republicans for Voldemort?" I turned around and saw that very bumper sticker on someone's car. Republicans for Voldemort. Then she said, "Isn't he the bad guy?" I just started laughing and she continued, "They must be democrats." No offense is meant, I'm sure. And I'm also sure she was well aware of the political inuendo, but was just helping Spencer to discover sarcasm. Too funny. Later, we saw another bumper sticker that said, "Business is great. People are terrific. Life is wonderful." The irony behind this sticker was that it looked like it was at least 20 years old. I don't think it was intended to be funny, but it was funny to me. I agree whole-heartedly with the statement, I just realize that most people would react differently these days. So, thank you to the people with those bumper stickers. They made my day.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Considering Rowling's outing of Dumbledore...I think it might have been worse to read "Republicans for Dumbledore and {who was his "partner?"}

Anyway...definitely worth a smile!!!