6.06.2011

Seeing the Miracles Everyday

In 36 hours I'll be getting on a plane headed to Salt Lake City, where I'll be picked up, then dropped of at the MTC. So soon!  


I can't believe how quickly the time went by.  All 21 years of it.  


This is something I've wanted to do since I knew what a mission was, and now I get to live that dream.  There are so many emotions attached to that realization and so many emotions I feel when thinking about the fact that I only have a day left before I'm set apart as a missionary.



Excited, is the first.  And at peace with my decision and even with knowing that there are going to be so many changes I will miss while I'm gone.  Happy, is another one.  And ready.  I feel very ready for Wednesday to come.



Tonight at Family Home Evening I was in charge of the scripture, so I chose to read my favorite: Alma 5:16.
"I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?".

I love the imagery, and that Alma asks us to imagine the voice of the Lord.  It's powerful.  I ask myself the question every time I read that scripture.  Can I hear His voice, and would He say that to me?  I hope so.



I'm glad that I feel so ready.  Not necessarily completely prepared, but ready.  This is what I needed to feel before I went.  It's a little miracle to me.  

1 comment:

Marcotes said...

katherine....you rock! and are going to be fantastic! nuff said!!