11.09.2011

Quince Orchard!


I got transferred!!!!  We heard the call-out, and I'm white-washing (or taking over the Elder's area) with Sister Wong.  She is the sister that Sister Withers trained.  She's from Hong Kong, and just a sweetheart.  It took me about 10 minutes, but I finally had the realization that I'm older! Which means I'm senior companion this transfer.  Crazy.  I'm not sure if I'm in shock, or just a passive person, but I'm not too stressed yet.  Well...I guess it did take me an hour to get to sleep last night, but I know everything will be fine.  I'll be working as hard as I can and the Savior will take care of the things I can't do.  I'm looking forward to this transfer. 

And Dad, I know you wanted to hear more on Sister Withers, so I'll have to bring my quote book next time and write down all of the Withers-isms.  She is so stinking funny.  She actually reminds me of Tegan a lot, so we get along great.  The other day we were talking about one of the sisters that we were so impressed with and she says, "I love her, but she's one of those people who makes me feel like I'm not going to the Celestial Kingdom."  Bahahaha!  I just about died.  And she always says funny things on the doorsteps so I'm laughing my head off when people open their doors.  Probably a good thing so they can see that we're really happy people, but who knows.  We just laugh a ton.  She's a great singer too, so we have a good time in the car and when we sing during comp study.  She's in charge of the next Night of Music and Inspiration, so it's been neat to see her coordinate all of that.  She's a very calm person, and I'm a big worrier, so I've learned from her just to not worry so much about things and to trust Heavenly Father more.  She's great.  I'll try to remember the quote book next time, so that I can write down all of the funny things she says.  Oh, and she's training again this transfer, so Olney will see miracles again.  I'm so excited.  I'm expecting Audrey to be baptized. 


Speaking of Audrey, she and John went to Palmyra last weekend.  She bought the Book of Mormon on CD and made him listen to it in the car all the way up to Palmyra, and back. So they're in Mosiah now.  Haha, Audrey.  They had a great time, they said.  They went everywhere: Hill Cumorah, the temple, the Grandin Printing Press, the Sacred Grove, and the Smith Homes.  John said he wanted to retire in the Smith Home; it was cozy.  What a character.  That's John for ya.  They went to stake conference on Sunday too, and Elder Cardon, the visiting 70, left room in the program for "guest" speakers that he would call up from the audience.  John was terrified it would be him, and almost left, but Audrey made sure they stayed for the whole thing.  Those two are such a crack-up.  We went and saw them Monday night, because I was pretty sure that I was leaving, but I told her she's invited to my wedding.  I'm not sure if she caught on to the fact that it will be in the temple....(and I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to say that as a missionary)...but I hope she comes.  I have faith that she will have gone through the temple by then. 


Well, that's all I have time for.  I need to go figure out how to get to my area, since neither of us know where we're going, or how to read a map.  :]  What an adventure!  This will be fun.  I love you all!!!



-Sister Welch

No comments: