2.08.2012

A Day in the Life; February 7th

6:30 - Drag myself out of bed, pray, exercise.
9 - Drive 25 minutes to the Visitors' Center to pick up the phone and then 25 minutes back home.  Sister Welch (that would be me) forgot to grab the phone before we went home the night before.  (Ai yi yi.  I try to be perfect, but sometimes it just doesn't work.) 12:30 - Go to teach Linda, from Peru, but she's not home, so we teach her sister Roxy instead.  Roxy tells us, "You know, I don't think it's a coincidence I met you today.  I think God has a hand in everything."
 Yes!
2 - Check on Stafinia, but she's working, so we talked to Solange, her co-worker, who is from Benin, Africa.  Sister Gros made her day because she speaks French, which is Solange's native language, and she hasn't met a French speaker in months.
2:50 - Got a phone call from Elder Bleak with the news that Sheri went to church!! It's been SO hard to not see her/talk to her/be there for her, since she moved, but she had surgery on her knee and still went to church the Sunday after.  She's incredible...and she's getting baptized the beginning of March.  Eeeeee!!!
3 - Taught Cheryl the Restoration.  We all got teary-eyed.  Cheryl is from Guyana and has a lot of questions, but is very sincere in her desire to learn.
5 - Made the fastest and ugliest batch of cookies I've ever made in my life.  Thank goodness for frosting.
7:30 - Gave the ugliest batch of cookies I've ever made to our less active.  Thank goodness he's not picky.
10:30 - Crawled into bed and fell asleep in two seconds.

Missionary work is the best.  And so is Sister Gros.  I think I'm companions with her because I needed to be trained again.  She's amazing.

I love you all.  Stay true to what's eternal.

Love, Sister Welch

No comments: